Motivation vs Habit
I recently heard a quote that's worth sharing: Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going. This is very true.
When you first start an exercise program you are filled with motivation. It's what got you into the gym in the first place. It's what gets you up out of bed and into your workout gear in the morning. But what about when that motivation starts to fade?
This is when habit takes the driver's seat. Let's face it, you're not always going to feel incredibly excited about striving after your fitness goals – so on those days when you aren't looking at the big picture goal allow habit to direct to.
Put your healthy eating and regular exercise into habit, and results will find you.
19 Awesome Reasons to Exercise Today
I know it's summer and you have exciting places to go and things to do. But wait! Did you forget about your workout? Again?
Lots of people fall off the exercise wagon during summer months due to vacations, taking care of kids home for the summer months, and other warm weather distractions. I get it, I really do, but what about all the amazing perks that you're missing out on?
Just in case you needed a little reminder that will motivate you to lace those shoes back up and get your workout back on, here are 19 Awesome Reasons to Exercise Today!
- Exercise makes your clothes fit better: Consistent exercise will tone and tighten your body, and this means that your clothes will not only fit better they will also look nicer. But don't get too attached to your current clothes. Exercise ensures that soon you'll be trading those current clothes in for smaller sizes.
- Exercise reduces your stress: Let's face it, you have enough stress in your life—so take a break. A challenging workout invigorates your muscles and leaves you relaxed and less stressed.
- Exercise boosts your energy: Research routinely concludes that exercise increases energy levels in sedentary people. So when you're feeling fatigued, fight it with the most powerful tool available: exercise.
- Exercise makes you stronger: Who doesn't want to be stronger? You rely on your body's muscle strength and endurance throughout each day. With consistent, challenging exercise, your body will naturally become stronger.
- Exercise burns calories: Extra calories end up stored on your body as fat. Fight back by eliminating loads of calories with fat-blasting workouts.
- Exercise gives you confidence: Healthy confidence is a wonderful thing to have. By exercising consistently you're able to increase your natural confidence.
- Exercise can be fun: Don't laugh, I'm serious on this one. Whether you believe it or not, exercise can be really enjoyable. Remember how fun it was to run and jump as a child? Tap into your inner child as you find enjoyment in moving your body through exercise.
- Exercise reduces your blood pressure: Exercise is so powerful that it has been proven more effective than medication in reducing high blood pressure. A single workout has even been shown to reduce blood pressure for the day, and consistent exercise reduces overall blood pressure.
- Exercise tightens your problem areas: With exercise you can reduce flab on your arms, legs and waistline. So wave goodbye to the jiggles with a consistent, challenging exercise program.
- Exercise increases your insulin sensitivity: Research continues to prove that exercise dramatically improves insulin sensitivity. Peak after-meal insulin levels have been shown to drop by more than 20 percent after as little as 3 weeks of consistent exercise.
- Exercise improves your sleep: Exercise is your most powerful sleep aid. Tired muscles encourage your body to quickly fall asleep in order to get overnight repair work done.
- Exercise lowers your risk of heart disease: Exercise strengthens your heart and protects it against disease. A non-active lifestyle is a huge risk factor for heart disease, so use consistent exercise as your ally against disease.
- Exercise makes you feel amazing: Challenging exercise releases natural endorphins (happy hormones) into your bloodstream that dissolve pain and anxiety. You've probably heard of the ‘runner's high', this can be achieved by any great workout.
- Exercise lowers your risk of diabetes: Research has shown that exercising as little as half an hour each day can dramatically reduce your risk of diabetes. If you are at risk of diabetes, or already have diabetes, use regular exercise as treatment for reversing the disease.
- Exercise is an opportunity to meet new people: Gyms, bootcamps, workout centers and even jogging trails are all great places to connect with fun new friends. So lace up and put your self out there!
- Exercise improves your BMI: Maintaining a healthy BMI is key in disease prevention, and exercise is the best way to keep your BMI under control.
- Exercise increases your endurance: Don't ever get out of breath from walking up stairs or through the mall again. Your regular exercise builds up endurance for everyday activities.
- Exercise improves your overall health: Does your doctor give you the lecture about losing weight and exercising more? Once you start exercising regularly you and your MD will see an overall improvement in your health.
- Exercise makes you look amazing: Are you excited about the current shape and size of your body? If not, no worries. Regular, challenging exercise will work wonders on your physique. Within just a few weeks you'll start to see shape and tone in all the right places.
I hope it goes without saying that I am your go-to point for all things exercise. It's my passion to see each and every one of my clients reach their fitness goals and improve the quality of their lives.
Please call or email today to come in for your free consultation. Together let's turn this summer into your time of transformation. Just think of how amazing you could be looking after working with me!
No more excuses this summer. You have 19 great reasons for getting back to your workouts. I'd like nothing more than to see you attain all of the above 19 benefits of exercise!
Call or email today – let's get started! [read more]